I especially hate that I am part of this generation. People in my age group (13-25) are lazy, dumb, ignorant, arrogant and have a general unwillingness to think of anything that doesn’t have to do with themselves. Unfortunatly, the perfect example of this occured at work on Monday.
My boss asked me to collect all the trash and run it out to the dumpster. As I was changing the bag in the trash can near the front door, 7 girls between the ages of 15 and 19 walked into the cafe and stood right in front of the doorway, blocking everyone from getting in and out. As they stood there and just gibbergabered and woman carrying a tray full of drinks came up towards the door and said “excuse me” about 3 times. The girls either ignored her or gave her dirty looks, but none of them moved. Finally the lady raised her voice and the girls rolled their eyes and slowly shuffled away. One of them muttered under their breath “fat bitch” but she said it loud enough for both me and the lady to hear. I have never been so apalled in my life. The lady looked ready to cry. She wan’t even “fat” and she did not seem like a bitch at all. I rushed her over to the counter and explained to my manager what happened and asked for some free drink coupons for this poor woman. I apologized like a million times to her too. She said it was okay and that it wasn’t my fault, but I still felt so bad. I was just so ashamed that people so close to my age would ever treat a person that way.
It’s one thing when customers are rude to us behind the counter, but what gives them the right to treat other people in my cafe like that?
Treat people with respect. Stop thinking about yourself and think about all the other people around you.
That’s all I have to say about that.
- 10millionbutterflies likes this
- lefanatiquedehockey likes this
- constantstill likes this
- lexiiloou likes this
- stuckinthiscocoon reblogged this from musingsofabarista and added:
- sourmentos likes this
- misukoneko reblogged this from starbucksandcrossfit and added:
- runlexieerun reblogged this from starbucksandcrossfit
- starbucksandcrossfit reblogged this from musingsofabarista and added:
- stuuph likes this
- thelasttennant likes this
- livingforrtoday likes this
- modernfairytale reblogged this from musingsofabarista
- marynaanguyeen likes this
- musingsofabarista posted this